Couple shoots are perfect for couples who are nervous about their wedding portraits or for those who just want some bad ass photos of themselves!
My husband and I did one last year just because we didn’t have any pro photos of us since our wedding day 6 years ago!
Don’t let your wedding day be the only day you guys document your love together.
Trust me in years to come you’ll love looking back at the couple of hours you spent adventuring together on the beach or in the woods!
These shoots are a great way to dispel any anxiety you may have about having your portraits done on your wedding day and:
- To get to know me as your photographer – which helps you feel more comfortable on the big day!
- To get to know how I’ll work with you on your wedding day – so you’ll nail it on your wedding day without even thinking!
What you get:
- A shoot in London or a location of your choice within a 30 mile radius of Uckfield.
- 1-2 hour shoot
- Confidence in front of the camera!
- 50+ images as high res downloads
- Normally 1-2 hours before sunset – when the sun is lower & softer.
Couple Shoots are £400.
What can we expect?
- Prepare to hug, laugh, kiss, embrace, be silly, talk to and look at each other – embrace the time together and make it fun! 🙂
- Try to relax, be silly, be romantic – it’s your shoot! Treat it as an hour of escapism! and remember i’ll direct you but i can’t force you to relax or look happy 😉 This is down to you both letting go and enjoying it so I always recommend taking the day off together, have lunch, go for a walk and reconnect! We all have super busy lives but I really feel this important to make the most of this shoot, turning up rushed after work, hungry and probably having sat in traffic is not very romantic! 😉
Where should we do the shoot?
The beach, the city (for an urban look) a field or if you have a cute home we could do a home session or you could hire a cool Airbnb like the couple did above in Brighton and then stay for the weekend!
What should we wear?
- What you wear is super important to the style of the shoot you want to achieve. If its in a field, cool lace boots, cowboy boots, boho dress, flip flops and a floaty dress, or jeans /jean shorts and a cute top… if london you may want to rock a leather jacket, a cap, or hat… if the beach, a cool swimsuit and jeans/jean shorts look super cute. Something you can move freely in is a must! Wear something comfortable and something that makes you feel good and confident!
- Go for neutrals! blacks, whites, jean etc – colours like block red are too much and super difficult to tone down in edit.
- Try to coordinate with each other, but don’t get too matchy.
- Girls, have great hair, make up and nails (no need to go over the top – unless you want to! – just what is flattering and natural to you!). This will not only make you look great but feel great in front of the camera. Maybe have your make up trial done the same day? and you can see what it looks like on camera!
- Guys, have great hair and an outfit that makes you feel good! and no wallets in pockets! 😉
- Don’t bring a bag – or leave it in a car. I prefer not to take shots with bags and I won’t be able to carry anything as i’ll have all my equipment with me and leave your phones! Just carry some change for a drink…
- Bring Sunglasses incase its super bright! plus they look cool 😉
MASSIVE top tip! Take the day off!
or at least half a day to connect with each other beforehand, go for lunch, a walk on the beach… it doesn’t work if you’ve just rushed straight from work or sat in traffic for ages – you will both not be in the right mind set to fully make the most of this session 🙂 Please also arrive to the location at least 1 hour before (maybe grab a drink and a bite to eat in a local pub) as I often have meetings the same evening and traffic delays could mean having to reschedule your shoot.