What is a Love Shoot? and why should we have one?
These are also known as pre wedding or engagement shoots. They are a great way to dispel any anxiety you may have about having your portraits done on your wedding day and:
- To get to know me as your photographer – which helps you feel more comfortable on the big day!
- To get to know how I’ll work with you on your wedding day.
- To get to know yourself in front of the camera – have fun – don’t take it too seriously!
- To get awesome, fun, photos of yourselves not in formal wedding attire. Bonus!
I really can’t stress just how important these shoot’s are and how invaluable my clients find a having a Love Shoot is. I wish I had done one before I got married – it’s all about the prep!
“Emma was one of the best finds of our wedding. She has been so professional from the start, coming up with new and creative ideas.We had a love shoot, so we could have a practice at posing and relaxing in front of the camera, we didn’t want wooden smiles on the big day. Our photo shoot was in a field setting and we had fun playing around. Emma made us feel relaxed and came up with some great ideas.
Naomi & Adam x” (quote from Love My Dress blog)
Scroll down for more information and read my really useful tips for having the perfect Love Shoot!
(the above shots were taken at Brighton and some woods local to me!)
What you get:
- A shoot in London or a location of your choice within a 30 mile radius of Uckfield.
- 1-2 hour shoot
- Confidence in front of the camera!
- 30+ images as high res downloads
- Weekdays Tuesday-Thursday November-April (due to busy wedding season) but occasionally I have a few weekday slots available during the summer.
- Normally 2 hours before sunset – when the sun is lower & softer.
Love Shoots are £300.
What can we expect?
- Prepare to hug, laugh, kiss, embrace, be silly, talk to and look at each other – embrace the time together and make it fun!
- Try to relax, be silly, be romantic – it’s your shoot! Treat it as an hour of escapism! and remember i’ll direct you but i can’t force you to relax or look happy 😉 This is down to you both letting go and enjoying it so I always recommend taking the day off together, have lunch, go for a walk and reconnect! We all have super busy lives but I really feel this important to make the most of this shoot, turning up rushed after work, hungry and probably having sat in traffic is not very romantic! 😉
Where should we do the shoot?
Here are some ideas for you:
- Have a beverage at your favourite coffee shop or pub
- Go to a field just before Sunset and snuggle up with a blanket (tons of fields near me)
- The gorgeous sandy dunes in Camber (May-Oct)
- Cool shots in front of the Graffiti walls in Brighton, the pretty colourful houses, check out a record shop, have a coffee…
- Head down to Brighton Beach, eat ice creams on the pier and go on the carrousel (April-Oct)
- * The Lavender Fields in Sevenoaks! (they charge £50 to access the fields privately) Mid June-August (Yes please!)
- Hire or borrow your favourite vintage car for the afternoon, drive to a field and have a picnic next to it…
- Bring some colourful smoke bombs to a field (if it’s not too windy they make great backdrops!)
- Grab an ice cream, wear a floral crown and and get on a row boat, Dunorlan Park (Tunbridge Wells) have row boats!
- Batemans House & Gardens where the Author of the Jungle Book lived, just down the road from me.
- If your home is bright/light and cool/quirky we can do a relaxed home shoot, making brunch, chilling out at home.
the list endless! 😉 (please note if entrance fee’s are required at your chosen location this is not included in the shoot and you will need pay for 3 of these)
What should we wear?
- Where something comfortable and something that makes you feel good and confident!
- Try to coordinate with each other, but don’t get too matchy. Also, please consider the location of the session and the time of year (temperature) when deciding your outfit.
- Girls, have great hair, make up and nails (no need to go over the top – unless you want to! – just what is flattering and natural to you!). This will not only make you look great but feel great in front of the camera. Maybe have amour make up trial down the same day? and you can see what it looks like on camera!
- Guys, have great hair and an outfit that makes you feel good! and no wallets in pockets! 😉
- Don’t bring a bag – or leave it in a car. I prefer not to take shots with bags and I won’t be able to carry anything as i’ll have all my equipment with me and leave your phones! Just carry some change for a drink…
- Bring Sunglasses incase its super bright!
MASSIVE top tip! Take the day off!
or at least half a day to connect with each other beforehand, go for lunch, a walk on the beach… it doesn’t work if you’ve just rushed straight from work or sat in traffic for ages – you will both not be in the right mind set to fully make the most of this session Please also arrive to the location at least 1 hour before (maybe grab a drink in a local pub) as I often have meetings the same evening and traffic delays could mean having to reschedule your shoot.
Can we bring our children?
The shoot is to teach you how to relax in front of the camera I prefer to keep it as a ‘couple only’ shoot so you can focus on each other and be in the moment. If you would like a family shoot this can be booked separately.