So here we are, December 2015 and what a year it’s been! Here are some highlights…
- I went full time as a Kent wedding photographer at the start of the year – something I thought would only ever be a dream!
- My work has been featured on the top 4 UK wedding blogs (Rock N Roll Bride, Rock My Wedding, Love My Dress & Whimsical Wonderland Weddings) plus printed in Your Kent Wedding Magazine.
- I’ve worked with amazing couples and I feel so lucky to have been chosen to capture some pretty cool, quirky & alternative weddings.
- I shot my first lovely lesbian wedding. Gemma & Hayley you were awesome!
- I shot my first Maternity & Newborn session and I now have lot’s booked in for next year!
- I started working with Alexander House Hotel as a preferred photographer for their ‘weddings on the quiet’.
- I’m already 75% booked for weddings next year and this exceeds this years total weddings! (to see if i’m available for your date contact me)
- I have created my own magazine for my couples to help, prep and inspire them – sooo can’t wait to send these out.
I’ve not had any weddings to shoot this month so it’s been nice (after such a busy year!) to take a bit of a breather, reflect on the past year, plan for next years exciting projects and go through all my images to create a little montage to show you just how A-mazing this year really has been.
Creating a post of the year has also helped to give me a better understanding of what I want to shoot more of next year and how I want to develop my style.
It’s also reaffirmed what I want to give to my couples in their images: REAL emotion, laughter, colour and to tell their unique story.
In terms of my photographic style I feel like i’ve found my identity and understand who my ideal couples are. A couple who are relaxed and fun and who aren’t afraid to say no to formality and tradition. A couple who’s wedding truly expresses their love & individuality.
As a photographer you are always learning, it really never ends. I’m learning every day, constantly looking for inspiration.
This year has been immense and I feel like i’ve come so far in such a short space of time. I literally live & breath every inch of my business. It’s been hard work but i’ve loved every minute of it!
There are lot’s of exciting things in store for next year too…
- I’ll be exhibiting at the Bluewater Wedding Show in the Vintage Village in January
- I’ll be exhibiting at the National Wedding show in Olympia in February (with Kat from Rock N Roll Bride)
- We’ll be buying our very first home!
- Our new home will have my very own (external) studio! Eeeek!
I’d also love to shoot a destination wedding next year too!
So with all that said here’s a little window into what 2015 was like for me, it was pretty hard to choose my ‘favourites’ from a whole year, but here are some moments that stood out for me…
My 2015 faves (click link or image below)
Thank you to all my amazing clients who made this year possible… xo Emma